Thursday, August 22, 2013

Who am I? Why do I want to be an educator? What are my passions?

OUTLINE:

 I. Information: The Basics
       A. Name
       B. Place of Birth and Hometown
       C. Education and Experience Background

 II. Interests
       A. Hobbies
            1. Running, being alone, meditation, relaxing with family or friends, creating art
       B. Top Picks
            2. Favorite movies, music, video games, etc

 III. Employment and Education
       A. Current School and Major and details
       B. Current Job

 IV. My Passions
      A. How I came to be in the College of Education
      B. Why I want to become an educator
      C. What I plan on doing with my major
      D. How I can make a change


 PARAGRAPHS:

   There's a lot my past could say about me, but I prefer my future to do the talking. My name is Lauren Elizabeth Bradley. I was born in a small place called Homewood, Alabama, and was raised in another small town called Gardendale; both places concerning themselves with the Birmingham area. It wasn't a very special town, honestly I couldn't wait to get out of there one day. I spend my elementary education in a private school, up until the fifth grade. Then carried on the rest of my middle and high school careers in public school. I do not have a very fond memory of high school; it was filled with halfway teachers, students, staff…just people who didn't really care about not just your education, but the places an education can and will take you.

   I have a very eclectic collection of hobbies and interest, one of my favorites is being around my friends. Not just any cliche friends, the kind of friends that stick with you no matter what. It's important to be around people who are constantly bringing you up, as opposed to constantly bringing you down. Friends that you can grow with. I like to exercise and run, more importantly while I run, I listen to music (which is half the reason I run in the first place). Music is my number two interest, or it could also be in first place with my friends. I don't know where I would be without it. It helps me express words and feelings that I myself cannot say. I mostly enjoy comedies and scary movies because they are the only ones that can keep my attention. Movies to me are a creative expression and I like to see how the director and the cast express their movie and how they want it to be portrayed.


   I've had a few jobs in my lifetime. My firs job was a McDonald's, although now I do not support the McDonald's industry it was more of a parental issue. Then I moved up to a hostess and an Asian restaurant called Stix. Now....I am working at an arcade called Player's Arcade and the Bell-Air Mall Carousel. My other job/responsibility is school. I am currently a fourth year at the University of South Alabama and have three semesters left, not including my student teaching. I enjoy South because of the warm weather, granted there is not much to do around here, I know my education is above par. At first I did not know what I wanted to do when I got to college. I thought I wanted to be a secondary ed. and science major, then to a biology major, then finally settling as an elementary ed. major.

   What brought this major change about was a sudden passion and awakening that happened while I was attending the University. Now I dream about getting my elementary ed. degree and joining the Peace Corp. People over seas are so less fortunate than us. Some places they do not can an education or even worse, have teachers that do not care or do not teach their students. I want to spend my career serving the less fortunate and do the best I can do to make a change. I have a strong connection with children and I want to make a huge change in someone's life.Not just through teaching, but in many other ways, by just connecting with the child. When I am an educator, I will do anything and everything in my power to change a child's life and give him the best education physically, mentally, and emotionally, that I can.




HERE IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC I LIKE (P.S. This is the best song ever):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtYTQtNCO0I





Here's a picture of my best friend and I after we just touched ground from our first sky dive!

No comments:

Post a Comment